Are You Still In School?
High school or college is difficult enough, but facing pregnancy as a student can feel intimidating and scary. There is a lot to think about as you consider your future and next steps.
If you are pregnant or think you might be, come to Options for a safe place to process your feelings. Know you aren’t alone.
What We Offer You
Our advocates will explain abortion procedures, side effects, and potential risks so you’ll know what to expect.
We can discuss how to make an adoption plan and determine if it’s the best option.
Or, we can show you the various parenting resources and referrals we offer so you can be a successful parent.
As A Student, You Need To Know
We can answer your questions and help with planning:
- How to get your diploma or degree while pregnant
- How to have conversations with your partner, friends, and parents about your pregnancy
- How to advocate for what you want and need during this time, regardless of other people’s opinions
- What abortion would mean for you now and in the future
- What pregnancy and birth would mean for you now and in the future
- What an adoption plan could look like and the various options available to you if you choose adoption
You Have Rights
Under Title IX, the government has specifically protected you from discrimination due to pregnancy, childbirth, or parental responsibilities.
The law states, “students must be allowed to take time off of school for pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, false pregnancy, abortion, and/or recovery for as long as their doctor says is medically necessary.”
Title IX also mandates freedom from harassment, intimidation, or other discrimination because of pregnancy-related conditions. You can participate in school-sponsored extracurricular activities, athletics, and lab and clinical work without penalty.
lead to Beautiful Destinations.